It’s not a secret, my favourite way to cook is easy, cheap, and simple. I pretty much just look at what we have ingredient wise and throw it all together to make a delicious and nutritious meal.
I made this beauty last week when we were running low on vegetables, meat, and well, most things. It’s filling, tasty, and boosts your vegetable intake with no effort at all. This vegetarian/ vegan dish took less than 30 minutes to make and lasted for 4 meals! Give this a go when you need something quick and healthy.
– 1 can brown lentils (drained and rinsed)
– 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 1/2 broccoli head chopped
– 1 carrot diced
– 1 teaspoon of Nacho cheese flavouring* OR 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning.
– 1 teaspoon mild Paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
– 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
*This flavouring is from Deliciou and is a Australian, vegan based seasoning.
1. Heat a large pan to medium heat.
2. Add oil and saute carrots and broccoli for a few minutes, then add lentils and chickpeas and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes and turn down heat to medium/low.
4. Add all the spices and extra seasoning as you seen fit.
5. Add water if needed and let simmer for 10 minutes (once dish has thickened, and carrots ad broccoli are soft to bite)
6. Serve with rice, potato, taco shells, or corn chips. Get creative as this dish can be used in many, many ways!