These aren’t your ordinary protein pancakes that contain two scoops of powder and an egg. No, these are much better, providing 28g of protein and the same fluffy texture of regular sugar filled pancakes (bonus!!!). I topped mine with vanilla ice-cream and it was just what I was craving .
Chickpea flour contains naturally high protein, high fibre, lower energy, and a range of micro nutrients such as magnesium and iron. It does have a bitter and dry taste, BUT if you go half and half and add some sweetness such as banana, the taste gets blocked out.
1 medium-large banana
1/4 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup wholemeal self raising flour
100g Chobani plain 0% greek yoghurt (or dairy free option*)
1 1/2 Tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
A dash of cinnamon
A few drops of vanilla extract.
*using a dairy free option will change the protein content
1. Mash banana and egg together. If you’re rushing, use a blender. If you have time, have fun and mash it with a fork (or get the kids to do it).
2. Add the flours and cinnamon. This will be really thick, just mix until combined.
3. Add the yoghurt, syrup and vanilla extract. The yoghurt will thin out the mixture, but if you want it to be a little thinner, add a dash of milk.
4. Heat a pan to medium low and pour batter. Flip when bubbles start to show/until golden brown.
5. Top with more syrup, ice-cream, berries, nut butter… anything you desire.