I was at the airport coming home from a holiday and really craved something not covered in bread/deep fried/ full of sugar…etc. So I went to Sumo Salad, picked out a couple random salads to fill my tummy… and fell in love with their Butter-less Chicken Salad. So much so, that I had to make something similar.
This recipe is super high in protein (50g per serve) and moderate in carbs and fats (40 and 11 grams per serve respectively), adding up to less than 500 calories for a delicious, healthy lunch.
Serves 3. Total time: 30 mins.
2 skinless chicken breasts cubed
1 can Chickpeas rinsed and drained
1/2 cup uncooked rice (or quinoa)
1/2 jar of butter chicken sauce (I used Taylor’s Kashmiri Butter Chicken Sauce)
1/2 red capsicum
1/2 green capsicum
2 large handfuls of spinach or salad greens.
*optional- 1/4 cup of sultanas*
1. Bring rice to a boil on stove top. While cooking, heat up large pan over stovetop on medium heat.
2. Brown chicken, add chickpeas. Once mostly cooked, add simmer sauce. Remove from heat when chicken is fully cooked. Allow to cool.
3. When rice is ready, remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Mix rice through chicken dish.
5. Mix salad vegetables through chicken dish.
6. Separate into containers or plates and enjoy.