Quick. Easy. Delicious. French Toast.
But first, lets talk about sugar.
As I scroll through my Instagram, or hear podcasts, or news on healthy eating, I hear the same phrase over and over: “Don’t eat fruit, as it contains too much sugar and is bad for you”. Yes, fruit has ‘sugar’, but no it is not ‘bad’. Sugar is not ‘bad’. It is what our body breaks all carbohydrates down into, in order to provide energy to move and think.
Fruit, while having sugar, also has fibre, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, which helps protect our body from ageing and illness.
This recipe took me less than 10 minutes to have a beautiful looking breakfast ready to be eaten. Serves 1.
– 2 slices of bread of your choosing.
– 1 egg + 2 Tbs egg whites.
– 1 tsp Cinnamon ground.
– 3/4 cup of frozen berries of your choice
– 1 small handful of coconut flakes.
– 1/2 Tbs honey
1. Heat up non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
2. Lightly whisk egg and egg whites into a medium bowl. Add cinnamon and mix.
3. Soak bread in egg mixture for 30 seconds on each side.
4. Place soaked bread into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side. (I didn’t grease pan beforehand, but if you prefer to, or don’t have a non-stick pan, do this before step 4.)
5. As bread is cooking, pour frozen berries into a microwavable bowl. Microwave them for 1.5 minutes. (Maybe more or less time needed depending on strength of you microwave).
6. Plate up cooked bread, pour berries over-top. Add coconut flakes and drizzle honey, or a topping you prefer. (Peanut butter, chia seeds, cacao nibs).